This year Policy Day will be held on Wednesday 16th June 2021 and will be led by NCVO.
Small charities are the centre of Civil Society. In the UK 97% of charities have an annual turnover of less than £1, but in terms of impact on local communities here and across the globe their contribution is phenomenal. It’s therefore important that the voices of small charities are heard about in the noise created by larger and better-resourced charities. To mark Policy Day 2021, events will be held to raise the profile of these organisations with policymakers and influencers.
How you can take part:
Small charity Policy Day webinar 101: How to influence local elected officials
Date: 16th June 2021
This interactive webinar will be delivered in partnership with Small Charities Coalition (SCC) and will support small charities to influence decision-makers at a local level. The session will help participants know how to build relationships with and influence MPs and councillors. Attendees will receive practical tools and resources from NCVO’s KnowHow platform to support their future influencing work.
This session will take place on Microsoft Teams. We will send out the joining instructions before the session.
• Understand why small charities should build relationships with councillors and MPs.
• Understand how small charities can develop positive and sustainable relationships with councillors and MPs.
• Discover some practical tools for how to engage with local councillors and MPs.
WHO RUNS IT
The webinar will be presented by:
• Chris Walker, policy and public affairs manager at NCVO
• Rita Chadha, chief executive at Small Charities Coalition
• Judith Garfield MBE, an associate at Small Charities Coalition.
It will be followed by a 20-minute questions and answers session.
Our message for 2021 is: “Small Charity Week begins today! Share to show support for the UK’s vital small charities: I Love Small Charities! #NeverMoreNeeded #SmallbutMighty #MonthofCommunity”